We will not re-home to anybody under 18 years of age. However there is no upper age limit as we do have a system that allows the older person to adopt a suitable animal in the confidence that their pet will be cared for in an emergency.
Progression through the following stages is always subject to mutual satisfaction
- We will ask you to complete the relevant questionnaire
- We will contact you by phone
- We will arrange a home visit
- You will be asked to travel to the appropriate location to meet the animal
- Finally when you have met the animal and all parties are happy the adoption paperwork will be completed
In completing the Adoption paperwork you will agree to:-
- Abide by and better the Animal Welfare Act 2007 including an appropriate diet
- Regular veterinary visits for boosters and health checks
- In the case of change of circumstances the animal MUST be returned to the charity
- A donation which is not refundable
As we are totally reliant upon donations to continue our work and a donation will be expected All our animals are neutered, micro-chipped, flea/wormed and where appropriate vaccinated. We would like the donation to reflect the cost you would have incurred had you been responsible for these procedures.
Suggested minimum donations Dogs £130 Cats £85 Rabbits £60
Please do not start the adoption process just before you go on holiday!
Finally we are all volunteers with full time jobs and families but we endeavour to reply to your queries as soon as possible
Use your Back Button to return to animal